Please note: this is
a typical specification. The precise details will vary from company
Learning to drive can be a costly venture with the price of lessons,
even if you've been able to get cheap car insurance from so been able to get
cheap car insurance from companies like buymonthlycarinsurance.co.uk
or moneysupermarket.com. However the extra driving experience to pass your test
through extra practice with friends or relatives is a great way of
reducing costs and getting that valuable road experience before you
sitting the test.
You will need to have learner driver insurance to cover you for the
extra experience; this insurance is flexible and will meet the needs
of the learner driver in most circumstances.
• You must be a UK resident
• Accompanied by 25 years plus driver who has held a UK full licence
for 3 years or more
• You must hold a provisional licence
• Learning vehicle is someone else’s vehicle, not the learners
• Learning vehicle must be covered by normal annual insurance cover
• Learning vehicle is in insurance groups 1 to 14 (vehicles in
insurance groups 15 and above can’t be insured with learner cover)
• Have no penalty points on the provisional licence
• Have no motoring offences or convictions
• Have no convictions, pending prosecutions or police enquiry for
• Cover is very flexible and can be from 1 day to 3 months.
• Covers the learner driver between the hours of 6am till 10pm
• Cover ends when you pass the test, any unused premiums are
refunded (minus small admin fee)
• Covers learners for the test in the car specified on the policy
(remember when you pass the insurance ends)
• Cover vehicle is not a rental or hire vehicle, been modified, used
for carriage of goods or passengers or used to carry hazardous goods
or at hazardous locations.
Insurance Quotes and Purchase
Getting a quote couldn’t be easier just press ‘get a quote’ fill in
your details and a quote will be produced.
To purchase the insurance you will need;
• Provisional licence number
• Credit/Debit card details for payment
• Email address to receive the insurance certificate and related
• Current insurance details, company and insurance number, for the
vehicle to be used for the learner insurance.
Making a Claim
In the unfortunate event that you should need to make a claim there
is usually a dedicated 24 hour free phone line available on
Please remember to have the following information available; policy
number, full details of claim, details of any witnesses and any
crime reference numbers